About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Recipe - Toffee and Banana Self Saucing pudding



 TOFFEE AND BANANA SELF SAUCING PUDDING






INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 Cup of Self Raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 lightly beaten egg
1/2 cup milk

Mix all these ingredients together and spread batter out in a pie dish.

Arrange 2 sliced banana over the top of batter.

SAUCE TOPPING

100gms butter melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups boiling water

Stir together and pour on top of pudding using an upturned spoon to run mixture over to prevent damage to the batter.

Place in moderate oven and bake until done or golden brown on top.

ENJOY :)

For visual instructions for this recipe go here

It is so simple :)


And oh and so yummy!!


Be warned though, it is high in calories. 

 Lots of other yummy recipes can be found by the onepotchef, take a look!


And finally I had a special request for the damper recipe in my last post so here it is:


Especially for you Noelle


CAMP OVEN DAMPER


3 cups of SR Flour
90gms butter 
1 tspn salt 
1 cup either beer/lemonade/milk
1 tspn baking powder
extra flour


Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and rub in butter.  Add liquid and mix lightly with a knife.  Turn onto floured board and knead until smooth and the shape round. Cut two slits across top in the shape of a cross.  Brush top with milk.  Before placing in camp oven, sprinkle a little flour over the bottom of oven.  Place oven on top of a shovelful of coals and put 1/4 shovelful on the lid.  Cook for approx 15 -20 minutes or until golden brown.


Wishing you all a wonderful week :)


xTania

15 comments:

  1. Oh my! That looks sooooo yummy. I may have to make a diversion of our current diet food just for one night I think!! I don't think I can avoid making this one it looks too delicious....I will bookmark this page and see how long I can resist but I know eventually it has to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar recipe that I cook when I want to bribe my son to do something - it's amazing what he'll achieve to get this dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that looks too naughty for me! You really can't go past a good self-saucing pud, can ya?
    I have seen a few OnePotChef videos - he's quite good!

    We should have made your damper yesterday as we had a little paddock fire out the back of our place - we sat there burning all our tax papers/records from 1992 until 2005! Lol!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Tania this looks so delicious! Why is everything that is yummy high in calories? LOL I will just forget about the high calorie part...thanks for sharing both recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhh! droooool! :D I made a chocolate one the other day, I will have to try this one! Noice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a self saucing pudding that I have never heard of.Can't wait to try it , kids are already pestering me to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that looks wonderful and if I wasn't trying to diet I'd be baking that today xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tania, it looks mouth wateringly good.....perfect weather for a nice pud if I was home in Vic, where it's chilly !!

    Shame I'm up north where the sun is shining and the temps are alot warmer, hehe...

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I confess I'm not a big fan of bananas, but that looks so good!!! The damper recipe I'll have to try too. I've got all my cast iron out, to try to figure out where to put it in my new kitchen. Campfire cooking is on my horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pudding, but I'm not a friend of bananas so I would need to use another fruit, perhaps berries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  12. good morning or afternoon? im hosting a bloghop on tuesday's and will love if you join...is nice to share with others...thank you if you do...the lord love friendship

    ReplyDelete
  13. In celebration of my 3rd year and 300th post, you and your dear readers are invited to enter my anniversary give-a-way. Please hurry, the drawing will be held on Friday, June 1, 2012.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum this is one I know everyone in my family will love. Defs be making this. I love self saucing pudding of any type

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! How did it take me so long to find this post on a fabulous self saucing pud? Sounds great

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.