About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

homeward bound ~ part three & four

Because I have so many photos and these posts are taking longer than I thought, I have decided to make this a double post to finish off the homeward bound series. So that means this post is very long! Part four is mostly photos, but there is some beautiful silo art you really should see, so scroll on down...Hope you enjoy :)

By the end of day two we had landed in this pretty little spot.  We are not real sure of the name but think it was Rocky Point near Point Bell.





Magnicifent views of the ocean...


Cooking up a healthy meal and using up some of the leftover food.




The best restaurant in the world!


Our camp spot...



This rainbow was so big I couldn't fit it all in using the camera...



Waiting for the sun to go down.  I was alone in the sand-hills enjoying the beauty and peace of it all...







We finished off the night with a good old camp fire...


These photos were taken the next day before we left. At last the sunshine appeared again! I could have stayed here a lot longer. Forever maybe, wouldn't be too bad would it?














Another little film clip for you. There were lots of flies as you will hear and dolphins (or porpoises) swimming passed in the distance, but they are really hard to see in the clip.

 

Homeward bound ~ part four 

By the end of day three we were at a completely different scenic place...

Corrobinnie Hill, a huge granite hill in the middle of nowhere, but an amazing place to see.

The photos will tell the story...










It felt a little like "picnic at hanging rock". An Australian film for all my overseas visitors.




No one else here except for these wild goats in the distance, the occasional lady bug and lizards...






















Our camp site...


An inside view of where we sleep...



Next stop was Kimba (situated half way across Australia) and this is the new art on their silos.  Pretty spectacular don't you think?




I think this is called a black boy plant, but I could be wrong... 




I like to take close up photos of moss and lichen. Fascinating stuff! Makes for a great photo, especially when put in a frame :)



These were taken at our final camp spot, which apparently I may have forgotten to photograph.  It was near another granite hill, with no views as we were surrounded by scrub.






We weaved our way through some of the back country, then ended up back on the highway. 

These Emus were near Iron Knob...



Then it was time to head for home and the big cleanup and days of washing began...

Hope you have enjoyed the sights of our beautiful countryside.  

Now that we are home I can get back to normal blog postings again, see you soon.

xTania


21 comments:

  1. Oh Tania that first photo of the sun setting had me gasp at its beautiful colours. That would look fantastic hanging on a wall and a wonderful memory.
    I think I will need to visit the ‘The Best Restaurant In The World’ too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of doing that with the sundown photo Kylie, but what a great idea! Thank you :)

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Wow! what a gorgeous trip, Tania. That sunset is spectacular! So gad you enjoyed your vacation. Thanks for sharing the photos wit us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of photos...loved seeing the painted silos too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy, yes those silo's are worth seeing. The photos do not do it justice as the silos are really huge :)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Great pics! I wonder what it is about a pile of rocks that draws us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's amazing creation, such a peaceful place, a place to become nearer to our Creator. Maybe this is why the rocks draw us in :)

      xTania

      Delete
  5. Tania I am speechless,
    I am so in awe of all your travels ,but mostly in awe of all those gorgeous photographs, I adored the silos( that has been on my to do list for quite a while), loved the windmills( also a pet favourite of mine) and all that STUNNING outback.
    We truly are the lucky country, all that is priceless.
    I haven't been catching up with blogs lately, time just marches on, but had a few minutes today and so glad I called in.
    Cheers Tania
    Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane, I am glad to hear you enjoyed travelling with me :)

      I know all about time and being busy...a constant happening in my life lol! I barely get to visit blogs these days. I catch up on my favourites every now and then :)

      It was great to hear from you today,

      xTania

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great trip. Love the amazing contrasts of the different climate zones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,

      I have missed you. Hope Bluey is doing okay.

      xTania

      Delete
    2. Tania I brought Bluey home on Thursday. He is getting better every day. We have a long way to go but we are now headed in the right direction.

      Delete
    3. Dear Jane,

      Thank you for letting me know how Bluey is going. Glad to hear there has been an improvement in his health. Hope he will feels better soon and is able to do the things he loves.

      Much love to you both,

      Tania xx

      Delete
  7. Fabulous photos Tania. I love the silos art. I've only seen the Coonalpyn silos, in black and white, but still gobsmacking. I'll bet it was great to get home though, to the comforts of home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like we never went away now Sally lol!

      I was gobsmacked when I saw the silos at Kimba. I had seen photos of them but to see the art in real life was so much better :)

      xTania

      Delete
  8. You live in such a beautiful place. Australia has some of the nicest beaches and countryside of any place I have ever seen.

    I liked the lizard pictures a lot, sent the link to my daughter. Her huge Iguana escaped last summer and was never seen again. She was disconsolate. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harry,

      Sorry to hear about you daughters Iguana, I bet it was devastating for her :(

      You will be pleased to know I have a lizard post coming up just for you. Plenty of lizards around now, see them everyday...

      xTania

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful country we live in! Such wide skies, beautiful ocean, vivid colours. Takes my breath away. Thank you for sharing with us. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the sunset, this is a trip we hope to to done day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I’ve been reading your blog for years and absolutely love it. What a gorgeous country you live in and I can’t wait to come and visit. Thanks so much for your blog and sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.