Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini or one large
- ½ to 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (I may have added a lot more because I have homegrown dried oregano)
- 1 pinch of crushed chilly flakes (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan feta cheese
- 1 slice of grain bread made into crumbs
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the pulp and seeds, leaving some of the flesh behind in the shell.
- Dice the scooped out zucchini into small pieces and place in a bowl with the onion, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, crushed chilly flakes, breadcrumbs, olive oil and 1/2 cup of vegan feta. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the two zucchini halves and sprinkle the top with vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Place into a baking dish or on a tray. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until the zucchini is soft.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes more or until it slightly browns.
I served the zucchini with sweet potato chips and salad. Serves 2-4 people.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews (150 g)
- 4 tbsp brewer’s or nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Grind all together in a Nutribullet or similar blender and use as you would parmesan cheese.