About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Done it!!


Yesterday, at last we preserved our nectarines. After asking many questions to people in the know we finally had a go and were pleased with the results.






Then I found somewhere to store them all. This is in an old icebox that my hubby restored. This icebox used to be on the farm that I grew up on. My mum had painted it blue and used it for a storage cupboard for her craft things. When the farm was sold I asked if I could have some of the old furniture to restore. I have quite a few pieces that I will show you in pictures later.



DRAGS
Last night we went to the drag competion in the nearby City of Whyalla, a fun night was had by all, that's if you like fast cars and lots of burnt rubber!







I think it is going to stay cooler for a few days to give everyone a little bit of relief, so I am hoping to get some more jobs done around the house. We still have some nectarines to deal with in the next few days as the last of them ripen. Unfortunately we still haven't had any rain, hopefully that isn't too far away.


Health and happiness to you all.
Tania


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. We have an icechest to restore, but I didn't know what I would do with it.

    www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

    I have a blue-tongue pic on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.