About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Hello to 2008

Good evening all and happy New Year.

I am a bit late writing today. The temperature today again reached 44 degrees Celcius. A cool change tomorrow with a high of 38 degrees. We spent a lot of time in the pool to keep cool, we should have got it put in ages ago.

All my visitors have gone home so now I can try to get my house back in some sort of order. I have a month off from doing my Home Day Care so this is an ideal opportunity to catch up on some housework that I don't get to do while I'm watching the children. I will be working a 45 hour week caring for four children when I start back on the 21st January.

I have started with the hardest spot for me to keep clean, the kitchen. I have cleared all the benches and give them a good scrub. I then cleared all the cupboards and drawers out and thrown out all the clutter that I don't require. Tomorrow I will start on the pantry which is a nightmare to keep organised because everything tends to be tossed in there out of sight. I will gradually move around the house from room to room cleaning and tossing until it is all done.

My dear friend Jodie is visiting this month from Western Australia so I want to be all organised by the time she arrives. Jodie's house is so neat and tidy, I wish I knew how she maintains it. I am looking forward to seeing her again.




This is a pic of our house from the swimming pool enclosure. Looks like a big rain cloud overhead but it didn't happen. It rarely rains here but when it does we get a downpour and everything gets flooded.


We are attempting to be as self-suffient as possible by having solar power installed. We have all the panels just waiting to be connected. Also we are wanting to install a wind generator. We already have a solar hot water system, which I might add has been working overtime this past week with all the hot weather. We harvest all the rain water already.




This picture shows rain clouds heading over to the nearby popular Flinders Ranges. It was taken from our place looking north east. You can see that we are surrounded by saltbush and not many trees. This shot was taken just on sundown. We get some pretty awesome sights of the hills at different times of the day, particularly late in the day.

My daughter has left me on my own to continue with this blog, so hopefully I can work out what I am doing.

I hope you have all had a good day and I will catch you all again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.