About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

day by day 22.04.2020

It was a beautiful 30C {86F} day today! No clouds, no wind, just bright, bright sunshine. Tomorrow may be a lot different though, they are forecasting some.....rain! So hopefully I can report a wet day, I wont be holding my breath though haha!

I had the grand dog over for a few hours this morning. I was doing the washing so we were outside a lot.

Bram loves it outside. So many smells.


 
Can we go out here?


Magnificent blue skies.


 

Wash day once again.



While outside in the gorgeous weather, I gave some pot plants a good prune.

 
Then started sweeping up dirt and leaves into piles.

   
Out of eight Moringa trees that germinated, I have lost two since planting them in the ground. They are exposed to the elements almost all day, so I expected casualties. The good news is the rest of the Moringa's seem to be doing okay. They have been a bit slow to take off because I think I left them in the pots for too long.


 
I see baby cucumbers.



Waiting for the last of the tomatoes in this bed to ripen, so I can pull the plants out. They have given me two years of delicious tomatoes!


Bunches of capsicum.


I do believe there is a flower about to bloom on our own little guava tree.


I purchased a wisteria plant the other day. I am going to find a lovely spot for this to grow.


It is back to the olden days tomorrow. I will have no electricity for most of the day and will need to start the generator at some point to keep the freezers going. Phil is still away, so hopefully I can manage to get it going.

How was your day? Are you having this lovely weather?

Take care,
xTania

12 comments:

  1. We can't hang laundry out here--too many birds! - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Gorges! Our birds are well trained ;)

      Delete
  2. For some reason I have had trouble growing capsicums which normally I think are easy to grow...I've got one tiny capsicum on the plant now which I will pick in the next couple of days. Kathy, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our capsicums weren't doing so well earlier, but all of sudden they took off. I have been giving them extra water though.

      xTania

      Delete
  3. Yesterday I got to Bunnings nice and early and picked up some much needed fertiliser (blood and bone) and some mushroom compost. I am revitalising some vege beds so needed some good extras. My barrel tumble composter had the central pole rust through. Trusty Bluey to the rescue and the composter is working once more. When I need to revitalise another bed I should have my own compost once more. When it got too hot to be outside I made the youngest grandie 5 pairs of undies in a bigger size. These have gone into the present cupboard and will be part of her Christmas parcel. The apple scrap vinegar is about to be made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love handy men, they are indeed very useful lol!

      I want to get into making my grandies clothes. Only trouble is I have to rely on online deliveries because there are no sewing shops nearby. The way Australia Post is at the moment, I will avoid any sort of mailing. I will send your artichokes when the delivery time improves, otherwise they will be manky by the time you get them. I was told three weeks delivery time, even express post is a waste of money and time. I have left some in the ground for now and they also keep well in the fridge.

      It rained here this morning, but the power is still off so have to conserve what I use with the generator on.

      The plants are smiling once again :)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the generator! I hope you still manage to have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the generator started first go, so that has been a life saver as the new freezer is not full so wont hold the cold as long as the others because they are full.

      Its a great day, we have had a bit of rain.

      xTania

      Delete
  5. The rain started in Adelaide about an hour ago and we're getting quite a lot. Hope you
    get some up north as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, we have had some rain this morning, but has stopped now. Hopefully we get a bit more. Good to hear you have had some.

      xTania

      Delete
  6. I have two moringa plants, and both have suddenly lost leaves. I wonder why... they have flowers though.
    I thought moringa is a pretty hardy tree, but for some reason mine are not doing well.

    Stay safe, Tania. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I wonder what could be wrong with your Moringa trees. As far as I know they are tough, so I really don't know. I hope they come back to life for you.

      Have a great day Nil,
      xTania

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.