About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some of my favourite things

I am sharing with you today some of the favourite things that keep fond memories alive.



This little teapot was my grandmothers.

I use it all the time and everytime I have a cup of tea I think of her.

This size is just right for one or two small cups of tea. The taste is so much nicer and the tea leaves cheaper than teabags.


A set of scales that were given to us by friends that were leaving town. Unfortunately they don't have the original top. I have borrowed this one from another set of scales I have.



This tractor was my husbands a long time ago when he was a little boy. He also has in his possession his old three wheeler bike.



My grandmother made this out of some wedding paper given to me on the occasion of my first wedding 28 years ago. Something I really treasure because she took the time to make it especially for me.




Another of my grandmothers crafty things. This little toilet roll doll had pride of place sitting in grandma's outside toilet at the house she used to live in. It now has pride of place in my ensuite where I can look at it every day and remember.



Have a nice day,




x Tania



3 comments:

  1. What neat things, memories are a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice that you have so many special things that hold special memories for you.

    Thanks for reading my blog and laeving some comments, It's encouraging for me :)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is special Tania, the tractor is lovely, and the doily on the scales. tea is lovely from the leaves. I love special things, they make life just a little more easier.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.