Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recipes by request :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments regarding the word verification setup.  I lost a blog reader yesterday because of this :(

*****

I found this recipe on the Down to Earth forum, it sounded so nice I had to try. Thank you joybelle from the forum :)


Easy Tuna Impossible Pie


Mix 4 eggs

one onion

1/2 cup parsley

1/2 cup SR flour

2 cups milk

125g melted butter (I used 1/2 cup of olive oil instead)

425 gm tin of tuna drained

salt and pepper to taste 

1/2 cup of grated cheese.

Beat all together lightly until blended. Place in a large well greased pie dish. I used a big, round, deep pie dish. Place in oven 180C (350F) until set and golden on top.

I think this would be nice with a bit of sweetcorn added :)

Vegetarian pastie recipe can be found here in an earlier post.

This recipe is one of those that are kept in my head.  I just throw any veggies that are available in my fridge into these pasties. They are a lunch time favourite in our house :)

Enjoy!!

xTania


11 comments:

  1. so nice and easy :)) thankyou so much..
    Now pasties are always a great favourite in our home too :)), I use chicken and everyone seems to love them :))
    Thanks again for sharing those scrumptious recipes.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipes Tania. Pasties for lunch sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?! You would never lose me as a reader. I can imagine you might as a commenter, but not as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love simple and easy to cook meals. A small tin of creamed corn is always my SECRET ingredient for quiches, frittata's and anything else similar which just seems to need a little extra oomphf.
    xx Susan
    P.S. I don't mind the comment moderation, even if I do have to have a few attemts at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh thank you very much....this sounds like one of those fast and easy meals to whip up on a busy day. Sorry to hear you lost a reader! Oh well, their loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you still have almost 300 that keep reading your blog :) I love tuna! so this will be given a try on our weekly menu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tuna...will try this on our next week menu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both lots of recipes sound good. Did have a couple of questions though.

    Why the flour in the "quiche dish?"

    The veggie pasties, are they quite dry, and is there a combination of veggies that work the best?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pooh on the picky reader! Never mind, just forget about it and keep smiling!
    Oh I like that recipe (tuna pie) and will have to catch up on the pasties recipe! How ever did I miss that? Never have enough of these around, a favourite here too!
    Blessings to you and yours and enjoy cozy evenings by the fire (or stove?),

    ReplyDelete
  10. that word verification just seems to be a part of life! I think it has been invented to try my patience.. but it certainly wont stop me reading and commenting. Love that tuna pie recipe, and will try it this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Through them, I have learnt that there are some truly lovely people out there. Thank you :)