About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Where has the week gone? (and a recipe)

It's Friday already and I have completely lost this week forever.


I guess the one day at Barbara's funeral on Monday has put my whole week out. It has been go, go for the rest of the time. And guess who ended up driving around Adelaide, which I had never done before so I am quite proud of myself. A Navman was a great help and so was a daughter who knew where we were going, but there was no offer from her to drive though, thanks Sarah.



I did make time to make some biscuits yesterday, and already they are nearly all gone.

Shall make some more tomorrow. This choc chip recipe is a little different because rolled oats has been added.


OATY CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCUITS


250gms butter

2 3/4 cups Self Raising Flour

2 eggs

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup castor sugar

1 tspn vanilla essence

1 cup brown sugar

100gm packet dark choc bits


Beat butter, sugars and essence in bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.


Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined after each addition, stir in sifted flour, rolled oats and choc bits.


Place heaped teaspoons of mixture on lightly greased oven trays, bake in moderate oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.


Let stand on trays for 5 minutes, turn onto wire racks to cool.


Makes about 70 biscuits.


I didn't use the electric mixer when I made mine as I had some daycare children peacefully sleeping. I also halved the recipe, which I shouldn't have because they have been gobbled up.


I do promise to try and catch up on some of your blogs this weekend. Last night I was soooo tired I don't remember my head hitting the pillow, and the morning came before I wanted it too.
The nights have really cooled down now as we countdown to the Winter season.
It is going to get down to 6 degrees tonight, however we did have some rain (30mm/120points) last Sunday and Monday, but I missed it because of being in Adelaide. I have not been home the last two times that it has rained, I am sorry I missed such a rare occasion, lets hope a little greenery appears. The chooks (chickens) haven't seen a blade of grass for about twelve months.


Wishing you all a wonderful blessed weekend,



xTania

12 comments:

  1. YUM! I love oaty, choc cookies. mmmmm guess what I'll be making tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had some rain Tania...wish we could send you some of ours. You did well driving thru Adelaide... city driving is scarey. Marilyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm,A fancy store in Usa makes there Choc chip cookiesw with oats too.
    They look delicious.

    Try and get some rest and regroup yourself alittle.
    It has sure been a busy rough Patch for you.

    That is some nice rain...Hope we get some more...Lots More.
    It is really getting cold here though,9 degrees some days and Nights been 2 and 3 degrees.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tania,Glad you survived the trip to the big smoke! Im not a fan of the city either,too many cars,people and roads and lanes of traffic..Ive been to Brissy twice in 17 years!And have no desire to return :0)Have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look pretty good! I'll add that recipe to my bikkie files, thanks Tania.
    Here's hoping for some more rain for you. We're getting regular rain and also a lot of fog and cool days so the garden hasn't needed watering in a while. Its wonderful so I'm willing some your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those biscuits look very yummy.
    Hope that you have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... the oaty, choc cookies sound good - but I'm doing my best to resist!
    I'm going to lose these 30 pounds if it kills me
    (??what is that in kilos??) But the old guy would be happy as a clam if I made some for him.

    Here's hoping some greenery shows up for you and those chooks! My yard is nice and green right now - pity it's all weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tania

    It's a big accomplishment to drive in Adelaide and not get flustered. I have to do it now that K18 is there. She has a NAVMAN too and it is a big help.
    I think all bloggers are a lot busier now than over the summer months. Posts are less frequent because we are time poor. Keep on blogging!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look beautiful - it's no wonder that they disappeared so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'll have to try that recipe:D looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you are back safely. Time does go so quickly and now look at it, it is June already for goodness sake it wont be long and we will be out looking or making christmas presents LOL
    Take care
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was about time you learnt (to drive in Adelaide)!
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.