About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

super easy apple slice

Hello dear friends,

I had a request from Linda for the recipe of the apple slice pictured in my last post.  It is really simple to do and tastes so good!

This recipe popped up on my facebook feed one day, and I thought, this looks good! Quick and easy suits me just fine.

The recipe stated to use green cooking apples, but I used ones we had picked from the side of the road, they were red and worked just fine.


Into a bowl throw 6 apples that have been peeled, cored, and roughly chopped.  Then add 2 cups of SR flour, and 1 cup of sugar to the apples. Stir to coat with a wooden spoon. Now add 2 eggs and 125gms of melted butter.  Mix well again with the wooden spoon and press into a lined slice tray.  Bake in a moderate oven until golden in colour for about an hour.

Nice on its own or as a dessert with cream, icecream or custard.

Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. Need to buy some apples and make this up. Sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this Jane!

      I am working on the wicking bed tutorial at the moment, will post shortly.

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Me too. I'm looking at three tiny apples in the fruit bowl right now. Thanks for the recipe.

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick get some apples Kylie, you must try this lol!

      xTania

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for responding to my recipe request! What a great recipe for a quick Morning Tea slice or pudding! Bet it tastes great with cream, custard or ice cream. Will be making this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Linda, hope you like it as much as I do :)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Oooh Tania, thanks so much for this. We still have a glut of apples, and this gorgeous slice looks so impressive. Can't believe how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like the slice Sally.

      I mostly choose simple recipes because I am a lazy cook! I have a few more I will share soon.

      xTania

      Delete
  5. That does sound yummy and easy! I love ANYTHING with apple in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too Cheryl. I dont eat apples on their own, but will eat them in any sweet food. Naughty I know!

    Have a great day!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of recipe Tania, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Annabel, hope you like it :)

      xTania

      Delete
  8. Yummy, I'm going to try this tomorrow night.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.