About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

homemade cracker recipe

Tania’s Healthy Crackers


Makes around 100 small round crackers
Ingredients

·         250 grams wholemeal flour 
·         25 grams pumpkin seeds
·         25 grams flaxseed
·         25 grams sunflower seeds
·         15 grams sesame seeds
·         5 grams chia seeds
·         50 grams olive oil
·         5 grams fine sea salt
·         100 grams water
·         Add some garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, paprika.

Method

1.    Preheat oven to 180C; line two baking trays with baking paper.
2.    Weigh ingredients and add into a mixing bowl; mix to combine until it looks   likes dough.
3.    Knead a little to make sure all is mixed in well
4.    Halve dough; roll out each portion very thinly
5.    Use a small cookie cutter circle; place on prepared baking trays
6.    Bake 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden.
7.    Cool and store in air-tight container


Enjoy with your favourite dip, or toppings.

Based on a recipe I found here https://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2018/04/09/healthy-seed-crackers/

I am going to make some more of these as I have been enjoying them with my homemade hummus all week. Very tasty J

xTania

16 comments:

  1. Yum! Thank you for sharing this recipe, Tania. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YuM Tania! Thanks for sharing - these look so delish! I will get the ingredients together & give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe looks great. Love that they are little circles...very fancy. Kathy, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone has the little circle cutter, cutting squares are fine with this recipe too :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh these look AH-MAZING Tania! Daughter and I are making them for sure! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You must, so much better than store bought :-)

      Delete
  6. Sounds delicious. I will be adding these to the recipe files. I have noticed a lot of the recipes have your name on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Jane, you made me blush. So glad you enjoy my recipes xxx

      Delete
  7. Those sound delicious, Tania. (and very healthy, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are delicious Stephenie, especially with a dip xxx

      Delete
  8. They sound very yummy indeed
    I might have to add those to my list of things to make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have to Angela, way better than the shop bought crackers :-)

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.