About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chooks

This is a pic of our chooks. We have restocked our flock because some of the older ones died or became victims of a fox. We have had to fox proof their pen so they are safer. There are eight new girls, two new roosters and three older girls that are still laying, just. The new hens aren't laying yet. I love home grown eggs, the bought ones don't even come close. The best part is that I know what goes into our eggs by what we feed them. As you can see it is pretty dry here at the moment, not a blade of grass in sight. When we first moved here the enclosure was overgrown with weeds, so much so we couldn't even walk through it hardly. Now it is just dirt.



View of my kitchen sink.
(Sorry it's a bit dark).
I have spent the last couple of days cleaning the house in preparation of my friend's arrival tomorrow night.
Things will be a bit quiet around here for a few days as I spend some quality time with my best friend. We have been friends for over 26 years and it will be great to catch up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.