About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Home again


CEDUNA

We are home again after an eight hour journey to Ceduna and back. It was nice to get away from the heat for a while although it was only for a breif time. Ceduna is my home town. This is where I was born and grew up until I was 30 and decided to have a change. Looking at that lovely ocean makes me wonder why I moved away. I caught up with a few close friends while there and stayed overnight with them. We headed back home yesterday afternoon and didn't get home until 11.00pm and I was too tired to blog. We arrived home to 40 degrees Celcius again.


This is the nearby silos at Thevenard. Photo taken from the Ceduna foreshore.


Another photo taken from the Ceduna foreshore. The beaches on the West Coast are just beautiful with lovely white sand.

At my home today the temperature soared once again to 43 degrees C. Outside under our verandah the gauge read 45 degrees at around 2.00pm. The sun had a lot of heat in it. The poor garden is suffering and things are getting burnt and shrivelling up. There is a bit of a cool breeze blowing at the moment so we may get a bit of relief tomorrow. It is supposed to be 42 again by Wednesday. We haven't experienced a heat wave like this for a long while.
Hope your day has been a happy one.
See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ma!
    I can leave comments now - signed up for gmail and my very own blogspot.
    I'm thinking of making the lemon meringue pie this weekend, if I get the time. Shane loves it! I'm hoping Woollies will have some pie crusts when I do the shopping later, because I cannot see me successfully making my own.
    Have a good day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.