About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Checking in

This has been a very busy week, hence my absence from blogging, although I have been visiting my favourite blogs.

Thankyou everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a good day with family and friends dropping in and the phone running hot all day. I also managed to squeeze the day off. My friend gave me these couple of handmade towels, thanks Wendy.



Tuesday night was our son's school concert. This time the weather was a lot better.
I took these pictures of this unusual cloud formation while heading home from the concert, just on sundown.




Today is our Son's transition to high school. He will be going to the local Catholic College for the remainder of his education.
There was a lot of nervousness floating around here this morning. Hope he has a good day, and has plenty to tell at days end. He has a couple of friends also going from his school so his transition will be a bit easier.
I have decided to make up Christmas baskets for some of the relatives for Christmas. So I will need to get busy this weekend if I am to get it all done. Christmas tree is still not up(sigh), hope to get some time for this on the weekend also. I am hoping to include things like homebaked goodies, some knitted dishcloths, handmade soap, teatowels, homemade chocolates and anything else I can think of. Any ideas would be appreciated please.
Enjoy the rest of your day and weekend,
x Tania

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tania, I have been wondering how you are going.

    I love my teatowels, yours are very nice. Mine are getting worn out, will have to try to hint for some more from the craft shop.

    My daughter is transitioning today, she went yesterday as well. There has been lots of swapping of the two classes. She is still happy with her class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania

    A belated Happy Birthday to you!

    I've been slack this morning, just been surfing blogland and adding to my playlist.

    There are many things i hope to get done this weekend and so I had better get off my toosh and go do them!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely handtowels. Happy Birthday. I'm glad you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.