About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Be Back Soon

Well hello there!

Hard to believe we are into March already.  Life has been flying past at a rate of knots, and I am finding it hard to keep up.

Our Summer was not nice at all, with record breaking temperatures that seemed to go on for an eternity.  We had heat, bush fires and flooding rain, all very much typical of the Australian weather.
Sadly my veggie garden succumbed to the extreme heat, and I don't think I will attempt growing any more during the Summer months.

Smoke glazed sunset

Last weekend we witnessed our baby girl marry her sweetheart of twelve years. The setting in the Australian bush was spectacular, the weather perfect, the bride beautiful,  the food delicious and the gathering of two families a highlight of the day. I have many photos, and  hopefully will get some more posted on this neglected blog very soon.




 Family xoxo 


J



Hope all is well in your neck of the woods J

xTania

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad all the festivities went well. I know you had a lot going on this past month or so.

    I'm glad to see you back, but I'm sorry to hear about your beautiful garden.

    I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tania,
    So lovely to see you blogging again.. Beautiful wedding pics Congratulations to you all :)) Hoping you are keeping well ..
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania, I think I have heard that comment about growing veggies in summer before. :-) It wasn't as hot here in SE Qld and we only had two heatwaves which didn't last too long not like down south. Glad to hear the wedding went well.That was nice for all of you.Hope to see you blogging a bit more soon when life settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your garden. Congratulations on getting a new son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely for you to have a 'new' son. I hope it was a cooler day for the festivities than you've had over the summer in your neck of the woods. It's truly been atrocious in the southern states this year.
    Lets hope the rest of the year is more forgiving on your garden.

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summer is too hot, maybe work on one or two things that might survive and do the rest later. As I remember, you had better luck in the winter. Have a nice fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It looked like a lovely wedding....glad to see ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't bother with a garden this summer after last year and looking back Im glad. This weather has been terrible. The wedding looks lovely, wishing them all the love and luck I'm their lives together xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wedding setting Tanya. I went to one last weekend on a property out the back of Kyneton. Totally awesome and if i get a few minutes spare ill post about it as well. Never enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to let my summer garden go too. I have never seen it so hot here...or so dry. Hoping for a better Autumn garden. Love the bush backdrop in the wedding photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.