About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Monday, June 16, 2008

On the road again

Sorry I have been absent for a few days. We have been away in Adelaide attending a relative's 70th birthday party. Below are a few random pictures taken on the trip down, we went a different way than usual to avoid the highway traffic and to take in the scenery. My parents were travelling ahead of us, and as they have got older they tend to travel slower, so it took a bit longer, 4 hours instead of 3.

Horrocks Pass leading into the Flinders Ranges.

Going through the windy pass.


Lovely and green at Melrose.


Homestead and vineyards near Clare.

More greenery in the Clare district.


Lonely old cottage, long deserted.
I had better get back to my jobs that I am supposed to be doing right now. Today is cleanup and catchup day, and I have lots to do.
Our school teachers are on strike tomorrow so I will get to spend the day with my son Jack, which will be nice. He has been selected to go to Adelaide in a couple of weeks to play soccer in the states competion put on by SAPSASA (South Australian Primary Schools Amateur Sporting Association). We will need to spend the week in the big smoke again as he plays every day.
Must away,
Tania

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised you are 3 hours from Adelaide. How long does it take if you want to shop in BigW or K-mart etc.?
    www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.