About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Quiet week



It is very quiet here with Hubby away in Adelaide and son Jack at school.
There was a teachers strike on Monday so Jack spent the day at home with me. The strike was for half a day but it was hardly worth sending him for a couple of hours. The same day, my parents came back through on their way home, so they got to see Jack. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves at Hawker and while up there the had a look around the Flinders Ranges. The last caravan park that they stayed in, they were the only ones there and the power was from a generator that was turned off at midnight and started at around 7am the next morning. So it was a bit chilly through the night without a heater. Dad and Mum have a little fold out van they camp in, not very warm in winter.


Yesterday I spent the day catching up on reading blogs and listening to some of my favourite music. I pottered around doing little jobs, just enjoying being alone, this doesn't happen very often so it is nice to enjoy my own company for a while.


Today will be a lot like yesterday just spending the day peacefully. The weather is a little chilly so I have lit the fire and made myself comfortable with a coffee at the computer. We have had a few light showers of rain but as usual it has all dried up already. The forecast is for more rain on the way, so let's hope they are right. Adelaide had a deluge yesterday and are expecting more.


I have had plenty of thinking time over the past couple of days and I have decided that I will not be going back to work caring for children for now. I am relieved that I have come to this decision because it was full time work and I have missed so much of what Jack has been doing the past 3 1/2 years. He doesn't want me to work either, I can always go back later when he is older. Jack does not appreciate the interference that caring for other children has on our family life, although he always got on well with most of the children. I will look for part time work if I feel the need, but for now I get to relax.



It's nice to see that Jewels has returned to blog land. A truly wonderful place to visit for lifting up your spirit.



Enjoy your day,


Tania

3 comments:

  1. I liked this post when I first read it.

    I have an award for you, please come by my blog to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I am excited, an Australian blog that I will enjoy reading through slowly in a free moment, will return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jewels is a blessing isnt she? Lovely relaxing place to be. Great photo here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.