About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

day to day posts

Hello friends,

I have been thinking over the past few days that I might use this blog for day to day posts. You know something similar to a diary entry? This is how I started posting in the beginning way back in 2007. I would take some photos of my day and write about it here.  I feel I have lost my way from when I first started this blog. I want this space to be a record of my time here on our earth. A place to look back and see what I have accomplished...



Today's post is coming from a little cabin in Adelaide. I am down here for the second of four treatments on my left leg for varicose veins. My appointment is tomorrow afternoon. Let me say I am not enjoying the hospital visits and the recovery time. The treatments are done over three months and then approximately six months until I fully recover. Oh the joys of getting older. 



We left home early this morning to travel down to the city. Hubby had a few things to see to down here so we came a day early. He has plans to upgrade our Toyota 4wd to a turbo to make it better for towing our caravan when we travel.  Our last big trip was a bit of a nightmare to pass huge road-trains, it seemed to take forever to get past them. Now our mortgage is paid for we decided to spend some money on doing up our car rather than buying new.

Our next big holiday is supposed to be in August, but we will have to see how my leg goes because I am not suppose to travel long distances. We may have to travel around closer to home. Maybe a trip to Kangaroo Island...that sounds like a good plan.



I did get time to pop into spotlight and Lincraft for a few supplies today.  Also a quick stop off at Savers to see if there were any bargains to be had. All I bought was another gardening book. I have been reading, and watching Youtube about the no dig garden method.  I am thinking I will give it a try.




While travelling today, I finished putting this together and adding a border around the edge. I picked up these already knitted squares at a garage sale last weekend and sewed them all together and...ta da another blanket! This has been keeping me warm tonight.



Today's temperature at home was 16C {61F}. In Adelaide it was 14C {57F} and intermittent rain. Not sure if we are getting any rain at home, but I hope so.

Well it is time for bed for me as it is going to be a big day tomorrow. There will be more op shopping, a stop in at Aldi for some groceries, then to the hospital...

Take care everyone, see you soon.

xTania



20 comments:

  1. Hi Tania, That sounds great. Your flowers look so pretty. Good luck with the treatments. Traveling close to home sounds fun and frugal. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania,

    Do you have any recommendations for YouTube videos on no dig gardening? I’ve been watching Charles Dowding on YouTube, he is great very knowledgeable, but I’m always on the look out for others who use this method.

    Best wishes for your procedure, wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      I will get back to you re the no dig videos once I get home. Charles Dowding it what I have been watching mostly, but also Geoff Lawton has some interesting videos too.

      xTania

      Delete
    2. Oh I haven’t heard of Geoff Lawton, I’ll have to look him up! Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Here are a couple of videos Cheryl.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRuujDYp30

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Wq32IRrPQ

      Enjoy :)

      Delete
  3. The knitted squares were a good find at the garage sale.. No dig gardens are great they even do them over concrete car parks. All the best with your recovery of your medical treatments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Those squares were a great find, there are also some others both knitted and crochet that I will put together to see what I can make from the bits and pieces. I love doing that kind of thing, strange I know lol!

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your treatment, Tania.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tania, thinking of you as you go through this treatment and I really love the idea of you posting more regularly, what seems like 'little things' develop over the years to a wonderful 'whole' story of your days xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue,

      Your words say it so well about recording our days. Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Tania, I hope you recover quickly. Varicose veins are quite painful. Enjoy the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the find at savers.
    I’m currently crocheting dragonfly squares and I’ll join them all for a huge blanket for our caravan
    Hope the leg heals quickly for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragonfly squares sound interesting Angela, I would love to see the finished blanket xx

      Delete
  8. Hope the leg feels good soon. I am finding hard to blog. I think a daybook kind of style like a lot of us did in the beginning of our blogs might be the way to go. Thanks for the reminder, back to basics I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy.

      Hard to blog? Sounds like me, but I think I may have made it too hard for myself by trying to improve my writings, therefore putting too much pressure on myself. Like you say...get back to basics and go from there. Hope you find a way to keep blogging xx

      Delete
  9. Good for you for turning travel time into productive time. I hope you have quick and complete healing. I do think a blog makes a wonderful journal. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I look back over mine to recall how we did something or to see how something has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Leigh,

      I hope I can continue to blog, it is just a matter of finding the right reasons to keep going. A journal is exactly what I want this space to be. I too have often looked up something on my blog that I couldn't remember a date but knew I blogged about it. It has been an amazing journey and I would love to keep recording my simple days.

      xTania

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.