About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

given the all clear

Hello friends,

As the title suggests, I have been given the all clear from the doctor today.  I am so happy about this. What it means is that I will have no more appointments because the injections I had previously into the veins have done their job already.  The veins have shrunken back to normal size. The doctor was really pleased with my progress and said I was free to go with no more appointments or wearing that dreaded stocking that almost choked my leg to death! While I was there he removed built up "dead blood" which was quite painful, but at least now I can go back to doing my normal activities once the tenderness subsides. It has been so frustrating being restricted in areas of my life, like my normal exercise routine. It also means that I am allowed to travel, so there is much planning to happen now.



Something odd has happened to my blog! I do not know what I have done.  I have been trying to fix it tonight, but no success so far.  Just warning you in case you happen to visit and notice different themes happening lol.  The photos have shrunk along with some of the text and the sidebar items. What ever it is that I have unknowingly done is taking some time to make right. Tomorrow I will get more of a chance to fiddle J

The daily weather report for today was cold...A chilly 16C {61F} cold! I think Winter has finally arrived.

We are leaving early in the morning to head home. It always feels good to pull into our driveway to familiar surroundings and to sleep in my own bed again. City life just is not for me, all the busyness does my head in.

See you soon,

xTania

20 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about your health news, Tania. How exciting to be able to travel again. You have such a healthy lifestyle; I'm not surprised you healed so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Stephenie, I didn't even think about my lifestyle and the quick recovery time, it goes to show the benefits of living a healthy life.

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Glad everything is okay it must be a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the all clear.
    Yes it’s great to go home
    It’s very cold here. 16 would be lovely right about now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have arrived home to a chilly 14C. The house was so cold, so the first job before anything else was to light the fire! Nice and toasty in here now :)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is Sue. I was so surprised to receive such great news xx

      Delete
  5. I'm guessing, it was blood clots - or something related. Sorry if I've forgotten. I remember your husband had health issues, that required returning to a more vegetarian diet. No doubt, it had added benefits for you too. I'm glad you're fighting fit again. It's always great to hear things have returned to normal.

    I go a bit stir-crazy, when I cannot exercise. Activity, is my meditation time. So empathise with your relief, that you're not restricted any more. Nice harvest of veg in your basket. Something to look forward to returning home to. I'm not a city fan, when we have to go either. Too much to process, too quickly. But sometimes, there are necessary reasons to go. Enjoy your new found freedom at home, and in your own skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Chris,

      I posted a couple of days ago about my leg treatment for varicose veins. It was expected to take four appointments and six months of healing, but the doctor was very pleased with my progress so no more treatments.

      Being restricted was driving me crazy, and anxiety was setting in, so now I can relax and return to normal and that is making me feel so much better already.

      xTania

      Delete
  6. Yay! Good news! I hope you have a great day, and feel free again to do what you want to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am feeling great already. I will take it easy for a few days before getting back to activities.

      xTania

      Delete
  7. So glad for the great report, Tania. There is no place like home and our own little beddy-bye, for sure!
    Hugs from your friend in San Diego, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear, and able to travel again thats good.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is good news Mandy. Sorry to hear about your mishap and how it has slowed you down instantly. Hope you can find way to fill your days without going crazy.

      xTania

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It is great news Nil, I feel so relieved.

      xx

      Delete
  10. Pleased you are back on your feet with an all clear from the doctor. Laughing at your mention of the "chilly" day as it's been 10C here in the day and -1 on a couple of nights! Mind you, it is always chilly if you can't exercise much so hoping you can exercise yourself warm again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn.

      I feel the cold, it would be no good me living where you are, I would never set foot outside lol!

      xx

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.