About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Friday, August 19, 2011

On My Mind - New Appliances



This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back to here from your blog by saying you're part of "On my mind". Please write a new post, don't link to an older one. When you've done that, come back here and add a comment below, with a link to your blog.


On my mind today is our new oven, stove top and range hood.

These came out on special because they were getting replaced with new stock.


In the kitchen, the appliances are not going to fit perfectly into the place of the older ones, so we are getting new bench tops as well. We are choosing colours at the moment, and I am going for a lighter colour this time as there is too much brown in my house.


In the kitchen is this timber post. It is a main beam holding up the roof of our cathedral ceiling. Only trouble is it has been giving us a bit of a headache because we want to replace the bench. This post sits on top of the bench. Under the cupboard the support continues through to the floor. The main beam is tech screwed from under the bench. We had to jack the roof up with acro props a few millimetres to prove that the post wasn't going through the bench all the way to the floor. Luckily it isn't!


All we have to do now is send in our choice of colour to the cabinet makers and then wait. The measurements have been done so hopefully it wont be too long a wait until I get to use my new appliances and nice new bench.


16 comments:

  1. Hi Tania, I have popped over from D2E. Wow how exciting new toys! I am jealous lol. Can't wait to see the pics of the new bench and stove all installed :) P.S Love the look of your homely kitchen :) Regards Ruth (MrsW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to get a new kitchen. I agree with MrsW it is a homely kitchen and I'm sure it's the hub of the house or will be when it's completed. Have a great weekend. Visiting from DTE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great excitement...you'll soon be cooking up a storm.
    Your shoulder must be OK if you're typing again?

    http://coffeee2001.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-on-my-mind_19.html

    Sue
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wooden joinery, think it makes a place timeless. awesome stove top tania. of course it will make all your cooking taste better hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, Tania! Those new bench tops will be something to look forward to. Having any good appliance makes chores so much easier, and getting anything on special is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi tania,
    just called in from Down To earth.
    What a lovely new oven.I can see you are a girl who loves her kitchen. can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a new benchtop made for our kitchen and the transformation was amazing (I have to admit I also got the Tassie Oak cupboards painted which is sacrilege to wood lovers but I had wood furniture and wood floors and it was all a bit too much). I hadn't seen what was available in the laminex world for years and I was pretty impressed.

    Your new kitchen is amazing - I always love it when people work with what's there rather than rip perfectly good stuff out and start again.

    Take care and looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you can't wait Tania!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your kitchen and the cupboards. Can't wait to see it all finished...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting a new stove is very exciting, isn't it? When we put a new one in, I found that I was so inspired to cook that we had a surplus of delicious treats for a few weeks! But alas for the gang, the novelty did wear off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting a new kitchen is exciting....I love to cook also! :) Your name caught my eye....it's my name too. I think I was here once long ago. Hope you can stop over and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love shiny new appliances, always feels like so much opportunity ahead when they are so nice and clean lol.

    We did our kitchen almost 4 years ago.....it is still waiting for the wall tiles to be done lol. Hubby and I just cannot decide,,by the time we do we will need a new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Goody, Kitchen renovations, how exciting! Lucky duck! Expecting to see lots more home baking pics and recipes soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. our dishwasher went on the fritz and the replacement we ordered is on back-order...for two weeks now! argghh! we're trying to decide whether to wait or go with something else. boy, do I hate going without a dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a timely post, I was just thinking this morning that I would love to replace the bench tops in our kitchen with something lighter. How exciting it must be waiting for your 'new' kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New appliances and updates are so exciting. I hope it all installs smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.