About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Recipe - Anzac Cake


Ourgangof7 posted this delicious recipe recently over at her cooking for the gang blog.

This cake turned out beautiful...and it tastes especially good too!
I think I will cook this on ANZAC day from now on...

ANZAC CAKE

1/2 cup Golden Syrup

125 grams Butter

2 cups Self Raising Flour

1/2 cup Castor Sugar

1/2 cup Coconut (shredded or dessicated your choice)

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup Milk

Icing

60 grams Butter

1 teaspoon Honey

1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar

1 tablespoon Hot Water

Cake

Combine Butter and Golden Syrup in a saucepan, stir over heat until smooth.

Combine sifted flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.

Add syrup mixture and mix well.

Using an electric beater gradually beat in the combined eggs and milk.

Pour mixture into a prepared 20x30cm cake tin (I prefer to grease and line mine) and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 30 minutes.

When done the cake will look a lovely golden colour.

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh looks very moreish Tania!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that does look very good! It's a keeper!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy, will have to bake this and let you know how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I think I have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ingredients in this cake. Just may be forced to make a few test tries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm does it have a nice caramelly flavour...think I'll try it tomorrow,
    Thank you both for sharing
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious, I'm definitely going to try baking this cake soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. want !

    better get some Golden Syrup tomorrow on the grocery shop.

    Brilliant recipe to share, I suspect its going to be a favourite - thanks Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no...looks like another yummy cake recipe from you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You seem to find the best of things to make from cleaners to cakes..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will certainly make this one. It sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tania,

    The recipe looked indeed delicious and since I had never heard of Anzac (cake) I endeavour to find out a bit more.
    I hope you will approve of the follwing link:

    http://liveanddreamalittledream.blogspot.com/2011/08/visiting-outback.html

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tania, it looks really rich and moist - a beauty... thanks! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made this tonight. Delicious - thank you for posting.

    Also, wishing you well for surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.