About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Monday, April 13, 2020

day by day 13.04.2020

Just a short post today as there was not a lot achieved around here. It was a beautiful 27C {80.6F} with bright skies and warm sunshine.

I had a sleep in this morning and took it easy for most of the day.

I pottered around and played my ukulele and downloaded some more songs to learn.

I got out my sourdough starter to make some bread, as mum hinted that she missed eating it.

I moved some frozen goods to the new freezer and started to rearrange and organise the other freezer. I will dedicate one freezer solely to frozen fruit and veggies from my garden.


Today's pickings from my garden, plus tomatoes and capsicum from my parents. They are both such good veggie growers.

 
I was fortunate enough to be gifted a basket of fruit. I was told these were feijoas, but they are more than likely guava. Very dark pink colour on the inside. Not sure what I should do with these, does any one have any recommendations, recipes etc please? I am thinking jam.


Making sourdough bread for my mum.


Washed plastic from pastry and cereal box to reuse later. Great for dividing things for the freezer.


A couple more masks have been made.


How was your Easter Monday? Did you achieve much or take it easy?

xTania

8 comments:

  1. Bread making has really taken off around while we are all in isolation which is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread making is a new learned skill for many. An enjoyable past time.

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Did a bit of work in the garden, not too much. We all need some down days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need down days, especially in these times. I am finding it hard to relax at the moment, I want to keep busy, but I also need to rest.

      xTania

      Delete
  3. I am so missing have a freezer reading your posts
    Once this madness is over I will go and get one
    We planted lots of native trees
    Hopefully it’s going to be a wet winter and they will establish quickly and grow for me
    Need to plant more veggies I might brave the world and see if bunnings have any yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping for a wet winter too, we need something to be cheerful about.

      We have planted some trees and they are doing well so far, but rain would definitely help get them ready for next summer.

      xTania

      Delete
  4. They are guavas and I would definitely eat a few and make jam with them. We have
    3 feijoa trees (bushes?) and they are going crazy. Normally we go away for a
    couple of months this time of year so I had no idea how prolific they were!
    We've almost had enough of eating them fresh so I'll be making jam soon. There
    are lots of recipes online (mostly from NZ) which would probably work for guavas
    as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made jam with the guavas Barbara and I have some still in the fridge for eating. They are delicious!

      Thank you for your tips. The jam is VERY nice :)

      xTania

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.