About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

day by day 15.04.2020

How are we all?

There is not a lot to show today. 

Here is the jam I was cooking up last night. I burnt the midnight oil to get it done and ended up with five and a bit jars. It is really yum!


The reason I didn't get much done today...I was baby sitting this little sausage for the morning. His name is Bram and he is a Chiweenie {chihuahua cross dachshund}.


A hot windy and overcast 34C {93.2F} day.


Sniffing the wind...


Lunchtime...buckwheat cruskits with peanut butter and homegrown tomatoes. Peanut butter is high in protein, so it is a good thing that I love it!


Followed by sweets...melon and guava mix with coconut yoghurt, sprinkled with walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.


I was able to help someone out today when I answered a question on facebook and went out to take these photos. I have a problem with slaters, they love nibbling the new seedlings, so this is the fix. Cut plastic bottles in half and place over the seedlings. Dig them in a little so the little critters cant get into the plants. 



A fluro safety mask lol! I did get some sewing done this afternoon, continuing on making masks. I got a bit sidetracked with this one.




Practicing simple masks for the wee ones to wear.


And I'll close with this little ginger cutie...
 



Take care now and I will see you tomorrow.

xTania

8 comments:

  1. Cute pup. We have a long-haired "red" doxie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bram is pretty damn cute for sure. I see your have a similar breed :)



      Delete
  2. Animals are so good for the soul. Their unconditional love makes the darkest of days much better
    The jam looks yum. Definitely going to need to ramp up the walking with all the cooking I’m being inspired to do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals are definitely good for lifting your spirits.

      I know Angela, I really must stop cooking, so I don't eat so much!

      xTania

      Delete
  3. The jam looks great and nice to have something ready in the pantry to use in the future. Kathy, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added the jam to my pantry Kathy, but already eating out of one jar...its just so nice ;-)

      Delete
  4. I have heard that snail pellets with iron chelates in them can prevent slaters from munching everything. haven't found any to try yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Eira, I will look into that next time. The bottles seem to slow them up enough for the plants to establish which is good.

      xTania

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.