About Me

My photo
Life on two acres of arid dirt, on the edge of the Australian outback.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

rainy day in pictures












 

 
 
 









 


 

As you can guess today has been wet. Again!

Another 20mm {80points} and a very cold 14C {57.2F}. The rain has been wonderful! There may be a little more tomorrow. Every plant has been refreshed after a nice good drenching over the past six days, including the weeds! All up we have had 46.5mm {186points, nearly 2 inches}.

Most of today was spent inside apart from sorting out some thyme to dry, and planting the tiny beetroot seedlings in between showers. My grand babies spent the afternoon playing and eating, and tonight the fire has been lit for the first time this year.

I do hope you have had some of this beautiful rain.

xTania

12 comments:

  1. I loved every photo! I want a clothesline like yours for our country place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those clothes lines are an Australian invention Linda. They are known as the Hills Hoist, and look a lot different to that one these days. My clothesline is a vintage item.

      xTania

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos as always Tania. Loving those moody skies of yours. We need rain here - although our autumn days are beautiful - things are very dry. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get some rain soon, I know what it feels like to have long dry periods without any.

      Hope you are doing okay Julie.

      xTania

      Delete
  3. Looks very cosy with the fire going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby has us roasting most nights, we sit in our t-shirts because its too hot! But very cosy :-)

      xTania

      Delete
  4. How long has it been since you had full and overflowing house tanks? I am so glad you got such good rain. Lucky you having the Grandies over. It is still hot and humid here. The cool change is supposed to be here tomorrow night along with a dust storm. Yeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not since about 2015 Jane have we seen full tanks, so about five years.

      Sounds like its your turn for dust storms, we had our share a few weeks back. Usually just after I have swept up outside!

      xTania

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, rainy day photos, Tania. Possible storm was forecast but never arrived here. It has gotten cold though. I love it when it's cold here as I can rug up and eat soup. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delightful Meg. Nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold day.

      xTania

      Delete
  6. Ah...rain. We have had sunshine here in California, and I have been soaking it up with glee. It feels so warm on your shoulders. All of the flowers are blooming, which I love. Your grandchildren look happy and peaceful at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has gone now Stephenie, and the cold remains.

      I love spring and the new life it brings. I cant wait until it returns.

      It was beautiful to have my grand children spend the afternoon with me, I have missed them so.

      xTania

      Delete

Your comments really make my day. Thank you for taking the time and for being so kind.